The Boston Celtics defeated the Atlanta Hawks in Game 6 on Thursday with a score of 128-120 to advance to the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Jaylen Brown led the Celtics with 32 points on 6-of-8 shooting from deep, while Jayson Tatum added 30 points and 14 rebounds. With just under four minutes to go and tied at 113, Boston scored eight straight
The Baltimore Ravens announced on Thursday that QB Lamar Jackson has agreed on a five-year extension worth $260 million, with $185 million guaranteed. This makes Jackson the league’s highest-paid player with an average annual salary of $52 million, putting him just ahead of Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts, who recently became the
* The Florida Panthers defeated the Boston Bruins in overtime with a score of 4-3, to stave off elimination and force Game 6. Boston tied the game on a power-play goal by captain Patrice Bergeron early in the third after trailing 2-1 (Bergeron was making his series debut after being sidelined with an upper-body injury). The Panthers’ Sam
* The New York Knicks defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 106-95 in Game 5 of the playoffs, and will now advance to the Eastern Conference semifinals. Jalen Brunson led New York in scoring with 23 points, while Knicks forward Julius Randle exited the game late in the first half with a sprained left ankle and didn’t return. Before leaving, Randle
* Game 5 of the NHL Eastern Conference playoff game saw the NY Islanders avoid elimination, beating the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2 to cut down Carolina’s series lead to 3-2. The Islanders trailed 3-1 in the best-of-seven series, but held off elimination by scoring the game’s first two goals. Brock Nelson scored, and the Islanders added two
* The Denver Nuggets eliminated the Minnesota Timberwolves 112-109 in Game 5 of their first-round Western Conference playoff series on Tuesday night. Nikola Jokic finished with 28 points, 17 rebounds and a dozen assists, making just 8 of 29 shots, while Jamal Murray scored 35 points to help the Nuggets fend off the Timberwolves. Anthony Edwards
* The Miami Heat defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 119-114 on Monday night, giving the Heat a 3-1 lead in the first-round series in Miami. Jimmy Butler earned a franchise playoff record 56 points, helping the Heat rally to close a 15-point gap to steal Game 4 from the top-seeded Bucks.
The Heat need just one more win in the best-of-seven-game series
Sources tell ESPN’s Adam Schefter that the Green Bay Packers have traded quarterback Aaron Rodgers to the New York Jets.
The Packers are trading Rodgers to New York for a first-round pick swap, a second-round pick, a sixth-round pick and a conditional 2024 second-round pick. The 2024 second-round pick will reportedly become a
In Sunday’s NHL Eastern Conference playoff games, the Carolina Hurricanes defeated the NY Islanders 5-2, while the Boston Bruins won their matchup against the Florida Panthers with a score of 6-2.
* Seth Jarvis scored twice and the Carolina Hurricanes snapped an eight-game postseason road losing streak with a 5-2 victory over New York on
* The New York Knicks defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 102-93 on Sunday to take a 3-1 series lead in their Eastern Conference playoff series. Jalen Brunson scored 29 points, and RJ Barrett had 26 ; while Josh Hart moved into the starting lineup and added 19 points and seven rebounds for the fifth-seeded Knicks. If the Knicks defeat the